Dear friends – As part of my role serving as OGP steering committee member provocateur, I’m following through on a high-level political commitment to develop “OGP Bingo” for this year’s summit.
Summits are moments for political commitment and create the space to drive ambitious reforms. Their opening plenaries can also be painfully dull, crammed with dry and unambitious speeches. Ennui and hunger set in, interest fades, and momentum can be lost. How best to combat those challenges? Bingo!
How to play
- Attached are downloadable bingo cards customized with many of your favorite open government/OGP buzzwords.
- Choose one (and only one!) card to be your own; either print it out or have it available on your laptop during the opening plenary.
- As the opening plenary speeches begin, listen closely to the speeches for the invocation of the buzzwords listed on your card. As you hear a phrase/word that appears on your card, place an “X” in that cell. Everyone gets the “Free” space in the middle.
- There will be four winners: a) First to get any line (up, down, left, right, diagonally) b) First to get all four corners c) First to get two diagonal lines through the middle (an "X"), and d) First to get a "blackout" (all squares)
- When you have reached any of the above four Bingo goals on your card, use the #OGP16 and #OGPBingo hashtags on Twitter to announce your success, and include a screenshot or photo of your card as proof.
Winners will receive my unending affection and heaps of praise from your peers on social media.